Below is a partial list of results obtained by the firm:
- >$15 million meal and rest break settlement on behalf of 68,000+ nonexempt security guards against one of the world’s largest security services providers;
- >$5 million “off-the-clock” (i.e., bag check) settlement for 52,000+ nonexempt employees against a leading consumer electronics retailer;
- >$8 million meal and rest break settlement on behalf of 31,000+ nonexempt restaurant employees against a leading fast-food chain;
- >$6 million overtime misclassification settlement for 590+ salaried store managers against one of the nation’s top retailers;
- >$1.25 million dollar meal and rest break class action settlement against a popular national franchise with 15+ locations in California;
- >Successfully represented Casino dealer at arbitration on wage and hour claims involving unpaid overtime and meal period violations;
- >Six-figure settlement on behalf of executive at financial services start-up;
- >Litigated successful derivative lawsuit brought by minority shareholders against controlling shareholders of entertainment company, resulting in seven figure judgment.
- >Defended San Francisco restaurant against class action involving allegations of meal and rest break violations; successfully fought off certification resulting in individual settlements for the named plaintiffs only;
- >Defended Bay Area restaurant against multi-plaintiff lawsuit involving allegations of unpaid overtime, meal and rest break violations; successfully settled claims pre-litigation;
- >Successful defense of LLC partner against alleged breach of fiduciary duty claims involving partnership’s tax returns and member distributions;
- >Defended wage and hour class action and related individual lawsuits on behalf of a medium-sized telecommunications contractor in California;
- >Represented employee seeking unpaid bonus from former employer resulting in $450,000+ judgment following jury trial.
DISCLAIMER: The above results are no guarantee of future success. The results portrayed were dependent on a variety of facts and circumstances unique to the particular matters described.
“Kevin is a go-to guru for… wage and hour matters and class actions around the state. I would (and do) unhesitatingly recommend him…”
“Kevin Allen successfully defended my family’s restaurant against a wage and hour complaint filed by a former employee. He was very good about explaining our options and helped resolve the dispute before our fees and costs got out of hand. He runs his law office the way we run our business, always looking out for the customers pocket and needs. I would highly recommend him to any restaurant, employer, and family member in the same situation.”
“Kevin is a knowledgeable and hard-working attorney with a sincere desire to take the extra steps needed to secure a good result for his clients…”
Although best known for our wage and hour class action practice, the firm has broad experience with traditional employment law, trade secret disputes, and business litigation. We also serve as outside general counsel to several small employers.
The Allen Attorney Group prides itself, first and foremost, on customer service. In a law firm setting, this means many things, from transparent billing to returning client communications quickly, usually within the same day. And it shows. Many of our cases are referrals from prior clients and other employment attorneys.
We offer free consultations and flexible fee arrangements. We represent most employees on a contingency fee basis meaning that we do not get paid unless there is a recovery in the lawsuit. Our rates for hourly clients are competitive and typically much lower than those charged by larger firms.